Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Oh the irony....

Now that's it's getting warmer, we're getting ads left on our driveway. The type that are in a plastic baggy with a small heavy something to weigh it down and dropped on the ground. I don't like this type of advertising--it's just littering to me. We went on a walk yesterday evening and I noticed that about 1/3 of the driveways still had the ad that I picked up from our driveway 2 days before. I wonder how long these will be there--all the mailboxes are at the street, so you figure people walk down the driveway at least once a day....are they just lazy? (Maybe they think the company that left it will come back, notice that they haven't picked it up and take it away?) This morning, there was again an ad sitting at the foot of the driveway when I went out for the newspaper. The nice thing is, it's trash day, so the can was at the street waiting for the trash guys to collect. So I only had to walk 5 feet to get rid of the offending litter, er, ad. The irony? It was an ad for a local trash collection service. Too funny.

No comments: