Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

DD is going to be a butterfly. She *loves* butterflies. DH kept an eye on her last night while I worked on the wings. I couldn't find our wire cutters until a few days ago, so I couldn't make the frame for the wings....which meant I couldn't draft the pattern and cut out the fabric to cover the frame.....or sew the fabric....arrgh. He got her ready for bed and brought her in to say goodnight as I was finishing hand sewing the fabric covering the wings....she took one look at the wings and shouted "Butterfly wings!" with a big smile on her face. Priceless. I still need to make/attach the elastic harness and make the antennae. Both of which I need her little body for. And she's still asleep. So I'm waiting.

I also had a good laugh at myself...trying to remember how to thread the sewing machine and wind a bobbin. I actually had to drag out the manual. I don't use the machine often, the last time was probably 5 or 6 years ago.

And yes, I will post pictures. (and I even remembered to get pics of the frame before I covered it, so you'll get to see that too!)

No comments: