Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Knitting

I'm teaching myself to knit. I don't know anyone that can teach me in person, so I'm using videos and diagrams on the web. So far, I can cast on and knit. It all looks pretty sloppy on the needles. I wasn't too worried about getting the tension even. I just wanted to figure out the actual stitches, without making a big tangled, knotted mess of yarn. (took at least 4 restarts before I figured out why there was a big tangled mess) No pattern--just cast on (almost the length of the needle, LOL, which I now think is a bit much!) and knit, knit, knit....I'll probably knit another row or two, then try purling.

I'd like to learn to crochet, too. I started to learn from a co-worker friend 6 years ago. She would teach people at lunch. Unfortunately, we were both skipping lunch on various days for various reasons, so I only got one short lesson before I left the company for another job. I have one long chain stitch thingy though. (and I'm not sure I still remember how to do that!)

No comments: