Friday, April 13, 2007

Secrets and Silk

Fabric is cut and 2 projects started! The "secret project" and Chatelaine's Springtime Roses. No pictures yet, and I will reveal the "secret" later, after the need to keep it secret has passed. I did forget that I needed to rinse the silk flosses for these, so into the water the "s. p." ones went yesterday. And boy, did they bleed! I think I need to soak them again today. Two of the DMC flosses for Springtime Roses were used in Celtic Spring, and I keep forgetting to grab them. (I only have some Treasure Braid and all of the beads left on Celtic Spring.) I use bobbins and string them on rattail cord, so grabbing them means untieing a knot and unstringing most of the bobbins--of course, the 2 I need are in the middle somewhere--and then either restringing or filing them back in the storage boxes. Between that and still needing the 2 silks rinsed, it's been fun picking around the "missing" flosses to choose what to stitch on Springtime Roses. ("I'll do that symbol next--oops, no I won't!")

No comments: